Guildford and South Surrey Branch


Local help


For help with anything about our local support, contacts and services, call Hilary Austin on 01483 422543, or email Hilary at:


Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist

If you wish to speak to AMANDA DODSON phone the CCC on

01483 362020 to be booked in.

Do NOT use her mobile number.

This will enable an audit of Amanda’s excessive workload and help to build a case for extra help.


Local Advisers

NEW way of contacting your Parkinson’s Local Adviser, who can provide information, support and advice to people with Parkinson’s and their families, friends and carers.


Dial the freephone number for Parkinson’s UK - 0808 800 0303 (Monday-Friday 9am-7pm, Saturday 10am-1pm) or email


The help-line is there to deal with a wide range of queries and will refer callers to specialist or local advisers as appropriate.


If you have already met the PLA for your area mention their name and ask to be referred.


If you have not previously met a PLA just ask for a referral.


The helpline advisers can provide information and support in an emergency.


Financial Assistance

Our branch is the grateful recipient of a generous legacy from Florence Pite, which is helping Parkinson’s UK to fund leading edge research into treatments and a cure, and an annual Florence Pite Memorial Lecture.


Where a local exercise or choir class incurs a cost, it is also subsidised from the legacy so that only a small payment is needed by each class participant.


National Grant Fund

There is a Grant Fund available to help pay for electrical items, home adaptations, respite care and specialist equipment, as well as socialising, meeting new people or improving fitness and wellbeing.


Who can apply

People living with Parkinson’s and unpaid carers. We do not count Carers Allowance as getting paid. Please call the number below for grant criteria. Applications are treated in the strictest confidence.


How to apply

Call 020 7963 9386, email:  or


Surrey County Council - Adult Social Care Online

A suite of online checklists and self-assessments to provide residents with alternative ways to access support and information. Available 24/7 here.


"My support needs and financial assessment"

Surrey County Council’s Adult Social Care service has launched a new online tool so residents can self-assess whether they are eligible for social care support. Details here.